V for Life is the leading authority on diet and healthy living advice for older vegans and vegetarians. We work with a diverse variety of stakeholders, including some of the UK's biggest care chains and food suppliers; government; and partner NGOs, to support and protect older vegans and vegetarians.
As we continue to expand our work, we have an opportunity to create the charity’s first Head of Commercial Business Development. Part of a dynamic leadership team, the postholder will be the strategic lead for translating VfL’s strategy into commercial, income-generating activities, ensuring that we are providing valuable and high-quality paid-for services and activities to older vegans and vegetarians and those who care and cater for them.
We are looking for an exceptional and passionate individual who will take strategic responsibility for raising our profile among health and social care providers and food suppliers. Applications from outside the sector, and from minority groups, are welcome. If you’re interested in the role and could see yourself doing a great job, don’t let a few missing qualifications stop you from applying.
Managing a small team, you will shape the delivery of high-quality training and services, helping VfL to make a real and tangible difference to the lives of older vegans and vegetarians across the UK – both now and in the future.
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities (note, this list is not exhaustive):
- Contribute commercial and social enterprise expertise and insight to strategy development.
- Have responsibility for monitoring and reporting progress towards achieving strategic objectives, from a commercial, marketing, and fundraising perspective.
- Translate the strategic priorities into operational commercial, marketing, and fundraising plans and manage risks appropriately.
- Work with the CEO to develop the corporate fundraising activity of the organisation.
- Lead on building and growing the income-generating activities of the Business Development team, based on current evidence and intelligence on future trends, taking products to market.
- Ensure that the organisation’s income-generating activities are resilient in challenging circumstances.
- Work with Business Development colleagues to develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with prospective and current UK List members, partners, eventplanners, advertisers, and similar throughout the UK.
- Work collegiately to create a positive organisational culture.
- Lead the Business Development team to ensure that quality-assured products and services are offered.
- Have responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Business Development team’s commercial, marketing, and fundraising activities – driving performance and the continuous improvement of the same.
- Have line management responsibility for specific roles, ensuring that all processes and procedures are adhered to throughout the organisation.
- Manage delegated expenditure effectively in-line with organisational processes and procedures.
- Maintain commercial, marketing, and fundraising strategies, systems, processes and data processing – realising efficiencies in the same.
- Produce and disseminate regular commercial, marketing, fundraising and quarterly reports to the Trustee Board.
- Travel throughout the UK to represent the charity as needed.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested from the CEO.
Salary and Benefits
- From £34,055 to £42,160 per annum.
- Employee Assistance Programme, with free counselling and well-being assistance.
- 6% contribution to group personal pension plan
- Generous 38 days of annual leave p.a.
- Supportive and positive working environment.
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
More information: For more details, including the Person Specification, please download our Job Description. Applications should be made with a covering letter (no more than 2 pages of A4) along with a CV and details of current salary to: email@example.com