Time to prepare: 10 mins
Dietary requirements: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, Vegan, Wheat-free
- 1 tin chick peas
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Rind and juice of 1 or 2 lemons
- Paprika, salt and pepper to taste
- Olives, watercress, or chopped herbs, to taste
- Drain the chick peas (but reserve water).
- Add tahini, garlic, rind and juice of 1 lemon and liquidise.
- Season with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- If necessary add more lemon juice and/or water from chick peas to achieve right consistency and taste.
- Garnish with mixture of olives, watercress, or chopped herbs to taste.
- Serve with strips of grilled or toasted pitta bread and raw carrots, celery or red pepper cut into strips for dipping.